Author Topic: Resizeable, Moveable and Chooseable Columns  (Read 3745 times)

Offline michaelfairburn

• Black & White Associates Ltd
Resizeable, Moveable and Chooseable Columns
« on: April 28, 2013, 05:40:36 AM »
Hi George,

I can't seem to choose column order or to resize the columns in BS421. I have in mind something like is possible in MS Excel where one can double click the column delineator to autosize or drag the line to size manually. It would also be useful to choose the layout of the columns - I'd rather view the transactions in a different way - I would like to see the Credit/Debit/Balance columns all together at the end of the line.

Mike

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Resizeable, Moveable and Chooseable Columns
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 09:03:34 AM »
That would require me to use a programming technique called grids, so I'm afraid I'd have to put that on the very long finger.
They would be extremely difficult to program the features you have in (e.g.) the Transaction Analyser program.
My current technique is VERY flexible, and allows the very different column headers and contents when you change the options in the Reports pop-up (say) from a detailed list display of data to a summarised by Category/SubCategory report.

If there was a general consensus, I could look at changing the order of columns.
Is it worth the effort?

Offline michaelfairburn

• Black & White Associates Ltd
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 09:46:37 AM »
IMHO the order of the columns should be customisable. I would also like to be able to choose what columns are displayed

Mike

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 10:39:08 AM »
Yes, I agree that would be perfect, but not in this or next version Mike.

Offline ContraOboe

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 11:09:31 AM »
Please can you remind me how, in BS421, to have BGP default to narrow columns i.e. no tick on the wide columns box. When I restart the [whole BGP] programme the tick is always there. I have looked the HELP page but no joy. :-[

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 10:53:38 PM »
Hi Colin

I have this on the To Do list to make this an option in Preferences in the next version.
Thus, in Bank Genie 5 and Bank Genie Pro 5, the setting in Preferences will determine the default when you start BS421 in Bank Genie.

Meanwhile, the program does store your setting for the duration of each session.
If you set it narrow once, that setting will persist until you exit Bank Genie.
You can use other programs and return to Transaction Analyser and the last setting will apply.

When you restart Bank Genie (in BG4 and BG Pro 4) the setting is initiated to the default - which is Wide Columns CHECKED.