Author Topic: New user  (Read 3630 times)

Offline Pensioner

New user
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:59:50 PM »
New today to BG!  I am starting off on the seemingly long road of migrating of MS Money 2001.  After a few hours it looks slightly less daunting than I thought, and that must be down to the clarity of the application.  So far, I'm impressed... 

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: New user
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 09:27:06 AM »
You are very welcome to the forum Richard. I'm delighted to have you "on the team" to advise on the new features I am planning to add to Bank Genie :). Its such a confidence booster to have you and your business experience in the world of finance to call on for support 8)
We now have a very impressive team of people assembled to advise on the complexities of Savings and Investments as I work on the next exciting stage of Bank Genie development.

While you were having fun with Bank Genie, we were on a day out!
I'll do another posting after a cuppa!

You were one of the first to see the new Home page and the latest enhancements I've made to BG this past few weeks.
Very pleased in how that went. Thank you for your time on the phone!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:13:42 AM by ideasguy »

Offline Pensioner

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 09:30:29 AM »
Many thanks.  I have been getting to grips with BG over the last couple of days, and am impressed.  I am quite used to digging out the nooks and crannies of financial systems having spent half my career specifying, testing and proving bank systems in a large multi-national bank as a business analyst.  The bank used sometimes to be known as the 'horribly small bonus company' which was about right when I was there!  Now I spend my spare time with a website for the bank pensioners' association which you can see at www.hsbcpensioners.org, pages created by me, php login engine and database by a colleague.  By all means take a look at the public pages.

I hope to be able to contribute to the BG project some small way and shall be making posts in the BG area of the forum in due course.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 10:28:24 AM »
I can confirm that being impressed is quite mutual, Richard ;D
You have had an impressive career 8) Judging by the content of our already quite extensive chain of emails and phone calls over this past few days, you've certainly explored  many of the "nooks and crannies" of Bank Genie Pro :D
I'm delighted it has stood up to that scrutiny.

I visited your website, Richard.
Again I'm impressed - 15,000 members and growing -Wow!
The website is easy to navigate and well presented. The information in the History page makes very interesting reading.
The benevolent fund is an admirable idea :)

PS I had to laugh when I read the alternative meaning of HSBC :D