Author Topic: Taged Transactions Reports  (Read 2835 times)

Offline Bobh

Taged Transactions Reports
« on: March 17, 2013, 09:34:09 PM »
I have now transferred all my accounts from Quickens to Bank Genie Pro and I am beginning to get familiar with the way Bank Genie operates. In my accounts I use several Tags (classes in Quickens).

In the Bank Genie 'Transaction Analyser' programme BS408 I can't find an option to to run a report on all un-Tagged (or non Tagged) transactions. Quickens had this option and I think it would be a good addition to Bank Genie. Perhaps it could be added as an option in the Tags Selected box. Also in the Bank Genie reports there is no TAG information can this be added? Even if you run a report for a single Tag there is nothing in the report printout saying what Tag the report is for.

Finally a small comment regards the user guide for programme BS408. The section on Tags doesn't explain that the default report setting lists transaction for all Tag even when no Tag(s) are selected. This is OK once you understand it but it is not explained in the used guide. Hope you find these comments useful. BobH

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Taged Transactions Reports
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 10:06:07 PM »
Hi Bob
I'm very pleased to see you are making good progress with Bank Genie :)

Try this download:
http://www.bankgenie.net/dl/BGProUpdates/BS408-dl-special.exe
Its an "unreleased" version 56 of the program Transaction Analyser BS408.
Barry requested the feature to do reports on Excluded Tags. He has downloaded and tested the program but I have some more work to do in relation to Stored Reports, hence the "special" status.
Its fine to use, so please reply with your comments.

In the selection screen, you will find a new control Include/Exclude related to Tags.
Thus:
RE:
I can't find an option to run a report on all un-Tagged (or non Tagged) transactions
To do that, select ALL tags, and click Exclude.
The report will list all transactions which are NOT tagged.

Also in the Bank Genie reports there is no TAG information can this be added?
Yes, I can add that.

The section on Tags doesn't explain that the default report setting lists transaction for all Tag even when no Tag(s) are selected
Not sure what you mean on that Bob.
By default, no tags are selected, so the default report will include all transactions.

Feedback is invaluable Bob, so please keep your comments flowing!

P.S. Look out for announcement of program updates. Ive done an extensive revamp of the Manage Transactions - BS421 program which simplifies manual data entry (including Tags).

Offline Bobh

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 01:08:37 PM »
Thanks George for your reply. Your new program has downloaded OK. I will let you have my comments in a few days when I have had time to take a closer look at it :)

Offline barryl

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 07:31:24 PM »
I think he meant that just as if you dont specify any categories to include or exclude you get a report on all categories, so if you dont specify any tags to include (or exclude) the report includes all tags.

Glad you like the tag feature and nice that someone needs the feature I asked for quite recently.....