Gardens open to the Public > Good gardens to visit (USA)

Kubota Gardens -- Seattle, Washington

(1/4) > >>

bossgard:

http://www.kubota.org/kubota_garden_map.htm

The above link will take you to the map page of Kubota Gardens, which is part of the Seattle, Washington (USA) parks system.

You can follow the approximate location of where the photos were taken by following the number in parentheses in the photo captions.

Kubota Gardens is one of the most pleasant gardens we have ever walked. There is something magical about it, once you are surrounded by the plantings and its other features, you find yourself becoming very calm, and peaceful inside of yourselves. Mr. Kubota was indeed a master of gardening.

TRAIL BETWEEN (17) KUBOTA TERRACE AND (6) SPRING POND

Memorial Stone Inscription (north side of stone):

Fujitaro Kubota was born in 1879, in Kochi Prefecture on the island of Shikoku, Japan. He immigrated to America in 1907 and established his home. In 1927 he acquired this land in order to make a large garden. With his own hands he cleared the land, dug several ponds and cut the trees to build the garden. Mr. Kubota studied landscaping, suffered hard work and put great effort into this project. The garden was finally completed in 1962 and in that year this memorial stone was erected. It was the eighty-third year of Fujitaro Kubota".

Text written by Rev. Fumio Matsui • Stone carved by Mr. Okada of Japan

bossgard:

The above link will take you to the map page of Kubota Gardens, which is part of the Seattle, Washington (USA) parks system.

You can follow the approximate location of where the photos were taken by following the number in parentheses in the photo captions.

Kubota Gardens is one of the most pleasant gardens we have ever walked. There is something magical about it, once you are surrounded by the plantings and its other features, you find yourself becoming very calm, and peaceful inside of yourselves. Mr. Kubota was indeed a master of gardening.

(8) NURSERY PLANTINGS MAIN TRAIL FACING SOUTHWEST

bossgard:

(17) KUBOTA TERRACE FACING NORTH

JohnB:
I'm glad you shared this - my wife and I have talked a number of times about going over to visit - we're not that very far away on Bainbridge Island. This has convinced me that we need to go!

bossgard:

(17) KUBOTA TERRACE FACING WEST

JohnB – So nice to see you posting on the Forum! Yes, I am sure that you and your wife will enjoy your visit to Kubota Gardens. These particular photos were taken in 2008. I have more recent pics that I will post later in the series.

Last spring, they shut down Kubota for several months for restoration and to renew the plant population. We have not been back for a visit since, but hope to soon. Hope that those in charge didn’t change the ‘mood’ of the gardens; one has such a pleasant feeling when visiting the site.

Also, have you seen the photos I’ve posted about Soos Creek Botanical Gardens? It is located just inside the boundaries of the city of Auburn. Soos Creek is a private garden open to the public on certain days and hours. Check their website for further info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version