Photography > Trees, Plants and Flowers

An interesting orchid

(1/2) > >>

Eric Hardy:
After giving us many years of pleasure our jasmine, which has inhabited our front glazed porch, has suddenly upped and died  :'(. We went in search of a replacement without success but we saw this orchid, which was remarkably inexpensive, and couldn't resist :)

Eric

ideasguy:
I love Orchids Eric. My wife looks after all indoor plants, and does a far better job than I do outside :-[ :-[
We have a few Orchids and she manages to get them to come back every year 8)

That one sure is unusual and yet another beauty in the abundance of colours available in that genus.  Does it have a name?

Eric Hardy:
No name George, the only label was "Care of orchids". I am fond of orchids and have four healthy plants in my dressing room at the moment having a rest. I keep looking hopefully for signs of a new flower stem appearing. One lovely one was given to Anthea by Mark when she had her hip operation. It has regularly flowered for about four months then had a rest for about another four or five months. It has produced flowers three or four times already.

Eric

Eric Hardy:
Tom and family gave us another nice orchid for Christmas. I got a bit carried away taking pictures with my macro lens so I thought I would share them with you.

Eric

NightHawk:
Excellent photos Eric  8)

I am a great fan of macro photography too.  Getting up close and personal and showing off the finer details of your subjects  ;)

Thanks for sharing Eric.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version