Author Topic: Photo manipulation / composites  (Read 9047 times)

NightHawk

Photo manipulation / composites
« on: June 23, 2012, 10:54:37 PM »
What's wrong with this picture?

Click here to find out.

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Photo manipulation / composites
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »
Excellent work Laurie.
I love that slider bar Laurie. Now how do you do that, pray tell :D

NightHawk

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 04:51:18 PM »
Thanks George.

If you click on the hyperlink below the photo, it takes you to the web site where the 'Before-and-After' JavaScript is explained.  You can then download the necessary files from there (for FREE) to install on your own web site.

Basically, you start with two photos per effect.  They can be identical photos with one as the original and the second one that has been altered in some way.  Ideally this gives the best effect.
You could have two similar photos, shot from almost the same position.  The second photo of mine showing the front garden of our old house before we planted, and the second one showing the flowers in maturity, is a prime example.  The flowers in maturity photo wasn't shot from exactly the same position, but near enough for the comparison to work.

It's a great script for me as I do a lot of graphics work, ideal for tutorials where you want to compare two photos at a time which only take up the space of one as they overlay each other.

The script effect will work offline on your own computer, it doesn't have to be uploaded to a live server to work.  So if you just want to use it for your own benefit then there's no limitations.  Not much use for anyone without their own web space who want to share the effects with other people though.

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 07:05:24 PM »
Brilliant! Thanks Laurie. I'll look at it later (football about to start) and have some fun :)

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 07:51:43 AM »
Terrific, Laurie! I have never come across that slider bar before. It would have been great with my "Many Hands Make Light Work." You could have slid the bar across and eliminated me six times  :o

Eric

Offline Eric Hardy

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 08:05:17 AM »
Laurie, I thought I would try to download the tools you mentioned but when I clicked on catchmyfame.com all I got was this: -

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /catchmyfame-jquery-plugins/jquery-beforeafter-plugin/ on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.catchmyfame.com Port 80"

Eric

NightHawk

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 08:36:49 AM »
Thanks for that Eric.

Funnily enough, I did remember your "Many Hands Make Light Work" posting when I did this, and thought this would be an ideal tool for you to want to play with.

I don't know why you couldn't follow that link by getting that error message.  Did you try typing the URL in manually into your browser?  If not, see if that works, just in case there was a clickable hyperlink problem when you tried to access it.

I tried that link this morning from my web site and it is working :-\  Let me know how you get on with it.

Laurie.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:43:06 AM by Kathy & Laurie »

Offline Eric Hardy

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 09:15:38 AM »
It is all very mysterious, Laurie. I have tried on my laptop where I use Firefox and on my computer where I use Internet Explorer. I have tried typing it in, I have tried Googling it, I have tried every way I can think of to get access but the result is the same, I always get that wretched message  :(. "Never mind, dear" as my old mother used to say.
It is not SO important, just mildly frustrating.
Eric

NightHawk

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
Eric,

Are you able to get onto the catchmyfame.com web site at all?  Try entering just the domain name (www.catchmyfame.com) in your browser first and see if you can get in.

You should get to the following web page -

If you get that page displayed, just click on the tab I've highlighted in red - CatchMyFame jQuery Plugins, and that will take you to the correct link.

Hope that works for you Eric.

Is anyone else having problems getting into this web site?  I can still get in every time  ???  :(

Laurie.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 12:10:55 PM by Kathy & Laurie »

Offline Eric Hardy

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 01:38:40 PM »
Are you able to get onto the catchmyfame.com web site at all?  Try entering just the domain name (www.catchmyfame.com) in your browser first and see if you can get in.
No Laurie, I have tried every way that I know to access that website but I always am denied access. Thanks for trying to help. As I said, it is the same on both my laptop and computer, with Firefox and Internet Explorer so where the problem is I don't know.

The last time the message was this: -
"Forbidden - You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.catchmyfame.com Port 80"

The wording varied slightly but the effect is the same.

Eric

NightHawk

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 01:49:26 PM »
That's all very odd Eric.  Never mind.

If you want, I can email you a zip file containing the script files and a set of instructions from that web site how to use them in a PDF document.

Let me know if you want them and I'll sort it out for you.

Laurie.

Offline Eric Hardy

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 03:13:19 PM »
Well that is a very kind offer, Laurie, thank you. If it is not a lot of bother we could give it a try.
Eric

NightHawk

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 03:37:06 PM »
Okay Eric, I've sent you two ZIP files to your Forum email address.

Let me know if you receive them.

Laurie.

Offline Eric Hardy

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 08:46:54 PM »
I have received them, thank you Laurie. Now I will see what I can do with them.
Eric

NightHawk

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 12:10:52 PM »
Eric,  I came across this posting from a while back and just wondered if you managed to try out the files I sent you?

I know you've posted a few photos in various topics recently where you've compared views from your house over the years, and would find this feature useful  ;)

Offline Eric Hardy

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 02:26:49 PM »
I had forgotten all about that, Laurie. I will look up your old email to remind myself and come back to you.

Eric

Offline Eric Hardy

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 05:06:06 PM »
I remember now, Laurie, i got this message "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /catchmyfame-jquery-plugins/ on this server." and I got a bit discouraged. I meant to return to it but I forgot.

Eric

NightHawk

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 06:17:04 PM »
I've still got that email on file Eric, so if you can't find it just let me know and I'll resend it to you.

Offline Eric Hardy

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 07:33:28 PM »
I've found the email, thanks Laurie. The same thing has happened , I can't get access to catchmyfame.

Eric

NightHawk

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 09:39:54 PM »
You don't actually need the web access to that site to get the process to work Eric.   I gave the link just to download the files required and the instructions on their use.

As you've found my email you should also have everything you need to set it up offline on your own PC.

Let us know how you get on.

NightHawk

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 05:28:45 PM »
I'm currently exchanging emails with Eric to try and get this process working for him.

Depending on the result, this may influence whether our other members will want to try this out  :-\