Photography > Equipment

What is Lytro?

(1/1)

bossgard:
Yesterday’s edition of the Seattle Times Newspaper, Seattle WA USA, had a feature article on a new kind of camera. The subject matter is a little over my head, but maybe you wonderful people that share your plant and garden photos on the Forum, have some information.

It’s called Lytro, which is Light Field photography, and the company that makes the camera is also named Lytro.

Do you think that this camera has a place in garden photography? Will it simplify it, or complicate it.

Here’s their link:   http://www.lytro.com/

- Toby

NightHawk:
This is the first time I've heard of this type of camera Toby, and I'm not able to give any more info than that web site link gives.

On the face of it, it sounds great, but I think a bit more research is in order there my friend  ;)

Laurie.

Eric Hardy:
I have just noticed this post of yours, Toby. I just don't know anything about that type of camera, Toby, but think I would stick with the more conventional camera. Having said that, I hadn't heard of your Kodak V570, which is slightly unconventional, and you seem to have got on well with that.

Eric

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version