Author Topic: 2012 US Garden Show Calendar  (Read 3614 times)

Offline bossgard

2012 US Garden Show Calendar
« on: January 24, 2012, 10:55:39 PM »
Thought some of our Members might be interested in the slate of Gardening shows in the US for 2012. Courtesy of the Horticulture Magazine.

This link will get you there: http://www.hortmag.com/weekly-tips/flower-shows-2012?et_mid=534670&rid=146608034

You will note that the Seattle, Washington Show is quickly approaching. 

-Toby

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: 2012 US Garden Show Calendar
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 12:31:07 AM »
Ah, wouldn't I love to get back to the Northwest Flower & Garden Show again :)
Are you planning to go to any of them Toby?

Offline bossgard

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 03:58:54 PM »
I don’t think I will be able to make any of the US Gardening Shows, although I do wish the promoters and their exhibitors the best of luck in 2012.

There are other expenses to take into consideration, such as gasoline for the automobile, entrance fees, parking fees, etc. I overshot my Christmas budget this year, and so will have to reduce my entertainment expenses by hiking the paths in public gardens, parks, etc., to get my inspirations.

There is also a wealth of wonderful gardening knowledge available online and in magazines. I plan on supporting several of my local garden dealers, with purchases for vegetable seeds and possibly an ornamental plant or two.

-Toby

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 07:34:42 PM »
I plan on supporting several of my local garden dealers, with purchases for vegetable seeds and possibly an ornamental plant or two
That's a noble gesture Toby. Its people like you who will help them ride the current financial storm.

My nephew is an accountant and I consulted him for advice on my tax returns. He told me that many small businesses will find it difficult to keep going after submitting their Tax returns - deadline today.
Its a shock when you find how much tax you have to pay, and if that money had been spent on attempting to keep the business afloat, its pretty much disaster.

A budget eh? We used to have one of those. Lovely little bird  ;D::)