Our Gardens > Opening your garden to a tour

An article written by a visitor to our garden, on a busy open day.

(1/3) > >>

Lyn and Malcolm:
Yes this was written by a visitor to the garden, and the words and pictures were published in Dorset Life Magazine in September of this year.
The article will gradually work it's way down the archive pages, so scroll down or even go to the next page.

When you arrive at the page linked below, look down the page till you find our garden "Lyn and Malcolms Ferndown Garden'

Here is the link
http://www.dorsetlife.co.uk/articles-archive/

Malcolm

ideasguy:
That's a very well written article Malcolm. I was very impressed with how they had made notes of the magnificent plants in your garden, and pulled it all together.
Those writers were impressed, and rightly so! Like me, they wonder how on earth you ever find the time to keep that garden so splendid. What amazes me further is that you have to spend so much time preparing the garden for those visitors (AND bake all the goodies) then lose a day in the garden on the open days. How does the grass ever recover from all that activity!

Magnificent  8) Take yet another bow, Lyn & Malcolm.
Perhaps one fine day I will be lucky enough to visit your garden.

NightHawk:
I agree with George,  Lyn and Malcolm.

You both have received the accolade you deserve from that published article, acknowledging your dedication and hard work in getting your gardens looking so beautiful.

Well done.

Laurie.

Lyn and Malcolm:

Thank you both.
We thought it had the best description of all the magazine articles we have had, no input from us either, as it wasn't till the end of the ladys visit that she introduced herself and said she would like to write the article amd send a photographer round.

The only down side was that the article didn't appear in the magazine till we had finished opening for the year, this despite them having our open dates. Not the ladys fault, it was the editor of the magazine. The previous 4 months magazines didn't have any time sensitive articles in them.
The visit to the garden was 14 months before the article was published.

Never mind it was a very nicely written article.

Malcolm

ideasguy:
How long do they keep the article on their website Malcolm?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version