Author Topic: Possible new updates for IG Pro  (Read 5421 times)

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
Possible new updates for IG Pro
« on: November 14, 2011, 11:52:13 AM »
George has asked me to list some of the updates I would like to see in IG Pro.

Here are the first three on my Wish List  :o which I personally would like to see included.

LM1 - In GA034S01 (Printed reports for my garden)
The ability for the garden area for the plants, to be included in the reports, ‘Print all plants in this database’ and ‘Print plants in garden areas only’

LM2 - In GA032S01 (Reviews and Opinions)
When you tick the ‘No Photos’ Button, and then click ‘Print’, the resulting report can show each plants garden area.

LM3 - In GA004S01 (Garden Areas and plant profiles)
With the box ‘Plants in selected genus’ selected. If I enter in the ‘Genus’ search box, say Rosa, a list of Roses we have in the garden is shown.
If I then click the ‘Print’ box it takes you to GA100S18 then clicking on ‘Print’ then ‘Do’. Can the report produced have the Garden area printed for each rose.

Note
For all the reports mentioned above there may be plants listed that will have more than one Garden area linked to it.

All these reports I run and print every Spring, to allow me to go round the garden and find each plant, to make sure we still have that plant. A big job with over 1100 different plants in the garden.
Each plant is labelled, but some go missing, either we manage to bury them when top dressing, birds pull them up, or very occasionally perhaps a visitor may pull one out to read the name and not put it back  ::)

Spring is a good time to do this check on the plants as most are cut down, and we can find the labels easily.

We have 19 garden areas set up on IG Pro.

I have a few more updates that I would like to see, but will post them later.

Malcolm
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 03:28:48 PM by ideasguy »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Possible new updates for IG Pro
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 03:37:36 PM »
OK Malcolm, good to see you are making such good use of IG Pro :)

Ive edited your posting to add reference numbers (LM1, 2, 3 etc)

RE: LM1 and this:
All these reports I run and print every Spring, to allow me to go round the garden and find each plant, to make sure we still have that plant. A big job with over 1100 different plants in the garden.
I would have thought the report GA016 would be better for this job. Perhaps it needs a tweak?

LM2 - Yes, good idea. You need that to go a-lookin for plants which you need photos of!!

LM3 - Yes, that should be easy enough.

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
Re: Possible new updates for IG Pro
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 06:52:55 PM »

Yes George GA016 would be fine, with just a tweak to print the whole database alphabetically  with the garden area for each plant, not in garden area sections as the "All" radio selection button gives.

If that can be done then as you say LM1 can be removed.

Malcolm