Computers > Security

Forum upgrade

(1/2) > >>

ideasguy:
I am very much indebted to my friend and IT ex-colleague James (Tanathka on the forum).
He offered to support me as I upgraded this (SMF Simple Machines) forum software (and of course hes the guy who set his forum up in the first place for me :).)
I took all the backups and started the job under his telephone guidance, but ran into technical problems  :o :o in attempting to go from Version 1.4 (or thereabouts) to Version 2.
We worked on it to 3am, and James offered to take over from his computer next day using my backups.

In the end, it wasn't possible to jump to version 2, as my host does not have the latest version of mySQL and PHP.
James succeeded in upgrading us to SMF 1.1.15.
Hopefully this will address some security issues.

Three cheers for James  8) 8) 8)

Eric Hardy:
Very well done and thanks to both of you for your hard work and well and truly burning the midnight oil! Yes George, three cheers to James are very much in order  :) :) :)

NightHawk:
Although I've corresponed with George behind the scenes about this, I would like to publicly thank James for offering his computer expertise and personal time to do this Forum upgrade for us.

This is very much appreciated and couldn't have been done without him.

Laurie.

tanathka:
Hope you guys like the latest update  ;D

Eric Hardy:
Absolutely terrific! Thanks James. It looks good.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version