Author Topic: Bank Genie Pro 4  (Read 7252 times)

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
Bank Genie Pro 4
« on: May 02, 2011, 10:36:15 PM »
George doesn't know that I am posting this but I feel compelled to. He and Barry have been developing this latest version of Bank Genie and I was very flattered when George asked whether I would be a guinea pig. I have been using Quicken for years and it had become second nature to use it. Over the past few weeks I have been using this latest version of Bank Genie and now, with a few helpful tips from George, I am working without difficulty and instinctively. It does everything I require from it including detailed reports on income and expenditure (using the P & L programme). The best recommendation I can give is that I have abandoned Quicken completely and I now keep a control on my financial affairs entirely with Bank Genie Pro 4. It hasn't been officially released yet but when it is, I recommend you give it a try.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Bank Genie Pro 4
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 11:39:27 PM »
I'm the one who's flattered after reading that Eric!

I'm sure the other members wonder why Ive been so quiet on the Gardening front on the forum, but now they know why.
I consider Barry a Quicken expert and Ive worked with him to develop equivalents to the many fine features he was accustomed to in Quicken. He sent me test files, I developed the features, and set up the program updates for Barry to test on copies of his live files.
So it has been going on for the best part of 3 years now - the longest development cycle since the original Ideas Genie.
Its finished now, and can be set up for download. I'm holding back on release since I need to do more work on the on-line User Guide, which is tightly integrated to the software.

Our good friend Eric is the first to use it LIVE - and it was pre-release!
Believe me, I'm very pleased it is doing the job for you Eric :)
Going at it "cold" was a challenge, since it is a brand new interface and therefore a very different look and feel.

Thank you for putting it through its paces Eric :) and thank you ever so much for your very encouraging review.

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 07:07:06 PM »
A post script after over two years of use. With George's help I have updated to the very latest version. All I can say is that a very good programme has become excellent. Very highly recommended.

Eric H

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 10:33:57 AM »
Thanks for your encouraging comments Eric - it makes the hard work worthwhile.

Offline barryl

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 11:10:54 PM »
I agree (with both posts!)