Ideas Genie Pro > The Web Page Generator (WPG) section

Next WPG

(1/9) > >>

Palustris:
UPDATE: All Erics WPG projects discussed in this topic, presenting his collections of Alpine Garden Show photos, have now been added to the main page on the web site reserved for users of Ideas Genie Pro.
Heres the link: http://www.ideasforgardens.net

Rather than add to the Palustris page I have started a new one.
http://www.ideasforgardens.net/palustris/Pershore/
Had real difficulty with this one. One page (maybe more, not checked them all properly yet) would not load. Discovered that the link on the site was to a Page which did not exist. ie Pershore0014 was the page with the picture and information on it, but the site wanted to look for Pershore0126. So I changed the name of 0014 to  0126 to match and it now seems to work. Very odd!

ideasguy:
Well done again Eric 8)

Ive been through them all, and I saw photos for each one.

I particularly like that little Astilbe crispa Perkeo.
Have you ever tried to grow it? If its readily available, I will give it a try.

I'm also very fond of Erigerons, and Erigeron Canary Bird looks like a lovely colour break.

On to the Campanulas - they are all fantastic. If I had to pick one, I'd go for Campanula hercegoviniana nana, Campanula Blythe Spirit and Campanula raineri Gothenburg form (tee hee  ;D).

Thymus ciliceus is putting on some show, isn't it! Wouldn't mind one or two of them :D

I'm also an avid collector of Leucanthemums - they do really well in my garden.
Leucanthemum African Eyes reminds me of a plant which I grew called Rhodanthemum 'African Eyes' .
It survived for about 3 or 4 years outdoors, but "passed away" 2 years ago. Recommended!
Another dainty and exquisite one I grew was Leucanthemum catananche. Problem was, the slugs also loved it. It survived for a few years and I'd love to grow it again.

What took your fancy when you visited that show Eric?
Were there plants for sale?

Palustris:
There are always plants for sale, but cannot remember what I bought. I think there were a lot went home with us. Probably all dead now.
They have changed a lot of names so your Rhodanthemum was probably the same plant.
Tried Canary Bird a few times. It dies!

ideasguy:
If you cant keep it growing with your alpine gardening expertise, then I would have no chance, Eric :'(

You may well be correct about the Rhodanthemum. I'll check it out.

Palustris:
Checked yesterday, we have something very similar to the Astilbe Perkeo which has survived in a shady part of the rock garden for a good few years now. There are a couple of others  very similar, A. pumilum and A. Willie Buchan (or something like that name). All are very easy and hardy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version