Author Topic: A "get around" in the wpg  (Read 3468 times)

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
A "get around" in the wpg
« on: February 02, 2011, 10:32:21 PM »
From our garden website statistics, I have seen that a few visitors have been landing on some of our Plant Guide wpg pages, that don't have a picture of the plant they wanted to see.
We have around 1000 pages with pictures and about 70 pages without. They are without because the plant has not yet flowered for me to take the picture.
Instead of the surfer being left with a basically empty page, I wanted to advise that the page will have a picture as soon as possible.

So I made a "Picture" with text on. And have started to link those no picture wpg  pages, to the "text picture".
Here is an example http://www.plantguide.lynandmalc.co.uk/plantguide2338.htm

To see the page with menu, use the link below and click on the Agapanthus Lilliput

http://www.plantguide.lynandmalc.co.uk/

Malcolm
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 10:37:29 PM by Lyn and Malcolm »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: A "get around" in the wpg
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 12:10:45 AM »
Yes, that was a good idea Malcolm - much better than an empty space.

I would use Photoshop Elements to make that image with text. What did you use?

Right clicking on the image allows the user to download. Are you OK with other members downloading it for their WPG's?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:13:48 AM by ideasguy »

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 07:12:26 PM »

I have used Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 for several years now, also have Adobe CS2 and the Photoshop. I guess it is just what you get used to.

Of course anyone can right click and save no problem, although the colour scheme may not suit.

I am hoping should a IGpro 2 come along in the future that the "No picture" page could be automatically generated in the Wpg. ;D

Malcolm

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 07:25:06 PM »
Yes, I could look at including a generic image similar to yours, Malcolm, but not sure how easy or otherwise it would be without a full review of the WPG program (no mean task!)
Some time in the not so distant future I hope :)