General Category > General Discussion

Broken ankle

(1/20) > >>

ideasguy:
My wife had washed the floor, and slipped and broke her ankle.
Happened at 1:30 pm yesterday. 999- Ambulance to hospital in Lisburn - xrays showed what they described as "dislocated ankle and a nasty break" needing surgery - had to be transferred to Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast. They cant operate until swelling goes down, possibly tomorrow, or Thursday.
Hoping for a successful op and recovery.

Lyn and Malcolm:

Thats something both of you don't need George.

One can expect to possibly slip on the ice and snow, but not in your own home.

Hope the swelling subsides quickly and they can get on with the op and recovery as soon as possible.

Best wishes to you both.

Malcolm

Eric Hardy:
What terribly bad luck, George! Not what anyone needs at any time but particularly galling at Christmas time. Please give your wife  best wishes for a speedy recovery from Anthea and me.

greenfinger:
Sorry to read this George. This is a sad end of the year. The best wishes from Lut and myself.

ideasguy:
Thanks for your kind wishes, everyone.
Mary is comfortable, so that is a big relief. It is so easily done, frighteningly so.
We took great caution when in Manchester after the snow fall, taking taxis rather than walking. Its ironic that the fall should happen in our own home. The snow and ice around the house was all but gone.
I have great admiration for the staff of both hospitals and the ambulance crews and gave them a special word of thanks. Waiting for such a long time gave an insight into the conditions and pressure they have to endure. In each busy A&E department of each hospital, I witnessed a very troublesome "patient" - not prepared to wait their turn in one case and just abusive in the other. Its lamentable and indicative of the society we live in that they have to treat such cases with such caution, in case of claims. They were very much a danger to the real "patients".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version