Author Topic: SWAP your database  (Read 5642 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
SWAP your database
« on: November 25, 2010, 10:00:37 PM »
Ive just had a session on the phone with Trevor, and I talked him through how to zip up and send me a SWAP (backup) of his database.
In the same phone call, I had the data unzipped and installed on my computer.
I then opened the database (using GA026) and we chatted as I viewed the plants in his database.

The SWAP database technology was another one of my rushes of blood (sometimes referred to as "ideas") many years ago.
By swapping databases, users could learn from the good work (and many happy hours of research 8)) done by fellow plant loving enthusiasts.

Any more volunteers to SWAP? With me, of course - my offering in return is the Master Database - but I'd dearly like to hear of other users doing a SWAP.
It would be another "completed" box to check in my list of Dreams that Might Come True some day list ;)

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
Re: SWAP your database
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 10:54:25 AM »
would love to swap, but as you know at the moment my main pc is poorly, my techy guy has it just waiting on a diagnoses of its illness, i am using the wives pc and until i know what is happening with my one i dont want to be installing programes etc on this one, luckily i have a current backup of all my stuff on igpro on an external hard drive so i wont be starting from scratch

phil

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
Re: SWAP your database
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 04:32:27 PM »
i now have my main pc back in full working order, my techy guy thinks it was a download for the graphic nvidia driver that sent the whole machine pear shape, as when he tried to access it the graphics drivers were all screwed up, luckily nothing lost  8), or i have not spotted anything lost yet  :-\ still checking things over at the moment
phil