Author Topic: Reviews program - GA032  (Read 2987 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Reviews program - GA032
« on: May 12, 2006, 01:42:05 AM »
Have you ever researched a plant and found conflicting accounts of the same plant? It happens on the internet, and it also happens in books.

The review program is my solution to that. It allows you to record such conficting info as "Reviews".

The reviews program has many applications. E.g. For garden writers, to compile short articles (Reviews) on plants for magazines.

I will be adding a button to allow web pages to be created as output from that program.
I used the very early version of GA032 to produce this page:
http://www.ideasforgardens.com/bestplantsl/top100gk.php

Its a simple template, and Ideas Genie Pro GA032 supplies the Plant data (left column) and my review of the plants in the right column.

I came up with the notion for reviews when I needed somewhere to save the good info I had created, yet not overwrite or interfere with the Plant Info field (which you already use).

I contacted Garden Answers and asked for permission to publish a Top 100 article featured in Garden Answers a couple of years ago now.
Granted! (Well... I advertise with them every month!)

Again, the Reviews program shines. I have typed all the Garden Answers reviews into the Reviews program.

I will add that Top 100 to my web page soon. Its an interesting list.

Once you have done reviews (or are using a SWAP database or Nursery Catalog on CD) you can see them in most action programs in IG Pro.
e.g. you can use GA004, to see Reviews. When you double click on a plant in the initial screen you get to the Plant Profile screen GA100S36 (used to be GA004S02... its now a common screen, used by a number of programs, to allow you to see reviews)
In the bank of buttons (Genus, Cultivation, Propagation etc on the right of the screen you will see a new button - "Reviews"
Click on reviews, and you can see a list of all reviews for that plant. Click on each review and you can see the review notes.

Reviews can mean you dont have to clutter up your Plant data field.
Comments would be appreciated. Can you find a use for the Reviews program?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 10:57:33 AM by ideasguy »