Author Topic: Our Plant guide updated  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
Our Plant guide updated
« on: November 14, 2010, 02:40:06 PM »
It has been a while since I updated our plant guide wpg generated by IGpro.
I constantly enter new plants and a few failures, or plants we get fed up with, onto the database. But I waited till now to FTP it to the server as it takes something like 25 minutes to download it all.

We are now up to 1126 plants, ok there may be a few less by spring when I will check the beds and pots to see we actually still have the plants. Takes a long time but keeps the database up to date.
I still need another 60ish pictures, trouble is Lyn buys more plants, and if they are not in flower when she buys them it could be nearly a year before they flower again. >:(

Just to keep George from getting bored in the year to come, I would like to see ANOTHER update to the forthcoming new IGpro, so that any plant that does not have a picture, will have a box with text generated by the wpg, inserted where the plant picture would normally be.
The ability to be able to have your own text in that box would be an advantage.  ;D  Just one set of text of course for all the "No picture" text boxes.

If anyone finds any mistakes in our Plant guide, please let us know.

www.plantguide.lynandmalc.co.uk

Malcolm

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Our Plant guide updated
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 08:57:28 PM »
I'm delighted you are still working on this Malcolm. How you manage to keep that garden in such magnificent shape AND have time for that new blog and your website ever refreshed is beyond me.

I'll be more than pleased to work with you on that modification. I'll let you know when I'm ready to start the upgrade. Meanwhile, keep your wish list up to date for me!

RE:
trouble is Lyn buys more plants
I wish I had that trouble :D