Author Topic: Apply Buttons in Culture Grades  (Read 3015 times)

Offline Trevor Ellis

Apply Buttons in Culture Grades
« on: November 11, 2010, 01:54:19 PM »
Doing some more work in culture grades , I think that I may have come across another small anomaly. I have, for instance, a number of species of the genus Dryopteris. In 'Culture Grades'/GA100S30CG, I highlight the first variety in the species, select the required grade and click on 'Species' in the 'Apply Buttons'. The grade is applied only to the first two varieties in the list. If I highlight the third in the list, the grade is applied to the rest.

If, in the first place, I highlight the third in the list, it again, applies the grade to the ones below it but not to the ones above.
Is this an easily solveable glitch George?

Thanks again for the alteration in 'Cultural Requirements' George. Have now been able very easily to make all the changes that I felt were needed - brilliant.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Apply Buttons in Culture Grades
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 05:11:47 PM »
Give me the names of the first three entries Trevor, exactly as per the case you have described.
Its probably the way the program deals with Cultivars as opposed to species, but I can explain in best if I see your examples.

Offline Trevor Ellis

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 07:04:10 PM »
Hi George,

I owe you an apology for wasting your time. I was about to assemble the info you asked for when I noticed that I had spelled Dryopteris filix-mas 'Crispa Cristata' as 'felix-mas'. This would of course account for the problem since the program would recognized the different, i.e. wrong, spelling. I corrected the spelling and tried with an irrelevant grade, which after working impeccably, I removed. I now feel like Clouseau rather than Poirot!

Apologies once more,

Best regards

Trevor

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »
No need to apologise Trevor. Its nice to know you are using the software in this way (there was a whole lot of development behind that suite of 3 screens for global editing :D)

Yes, one letter wrong and its a different species to a computer.
I'm delighted it was something so easy to resolve  :)