Author Topic: Explaining how to use Folders  (Read 5041 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Explaining how to use Folders
« on: November 04, 2010, 10:52:46 AM »
Has anyone found a good website which explains how to navigate/explore your computer and manage folders?
Ive started to do one myself as I find from my support experience that is a total mystery to many users.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Explaining how to use Folders
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 03:02:36 PM »
Ive made a start.
Heres how it looks:
http://www.ideasforgardens.com/GuideToFolders/index.htm

Does everyone have the program Winmdows Explorer on their computer?
Does anyone have questions on what has been shown so far?

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 08:06:01 PM »
looking good  8) i actually found windows explorer on my vista machine and it opens up as Documents but the layout is the same as in your screenshot pictures,

Been trying to teach my mum how to use the email program that came with her laptop (as she uses hotmail and complains that she cant logon with it, uses hotmail because she went to some pc classes and they were taught about email using hotmail)  she has windows 7 what is the email programe called, as they change the names and i have not seen the laptop and it is nighmare even over skype to try to get her to find it, so any directions on how she can find it greatly appreciated

Phil (sometimes banging head on desk going no mother  ::) )

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 08:56:50 PM »
Yes, I now need to add another note to that Guide to say that the screenshots are from an XP computer.
The names of the User Profile folders changed with the introduction of Windows Vista, and are the same in W7, I believe.
The names are shorter than in XP, so mercifully a step in the right direction  ::)
Us poor developers have to design our software to install on all Operating Systems - fun, I can assure you!

Your question. Could it be Windows Live Hotmail?
Heres a link:
http://email.about.com/od/windowslivehotmailtips/qt/How_to_Make_Windows_Live_Hotmail_Your_Default_Email_Program.htm
So we can keep this topic on track, please start a new topic for this Phil. I'm sure it would be useful to others