Author Topic: Keith Richards (Rolling Stones)  (Read 7357 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Keith Richards (Rolling Stones)
« on: May 10, 2006, 10:49:33 AM »
The stones were just one of my many idols in the 60's (well, it was one of the greatest ever era's).
I read in the papers today that Keith Richards has had a second op on his skull, after falling 15 ft from a Palm tree.
It didnt say what he was doing up that tree!

Heres hoping for better news. The docs are afraid he may suffer brain damage.
He had suffered blackouts after a first op to drain a blood clot from his skull.

Offline trishs

• PhyzzEzee blog
Re: Keith Richards (Rolling Stones)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 01:45:55 AM »
Well we all now know Keith survived, thankfully.  He is indestructable :)  I was a BIG Stones fan, meeting them for the first time when they played the Arts Ball in Bradford in 1963.  I met them a a few times the following year, Keith was my favourite and my friend liked Mick.  In those days they were inseparable. 

In 1984 (I think it was that year!) I went down to London to share my memorabilia with Bill Wyman who was wanting all the archive material he could get, here's a pic from that memorable day.

Offline trishs

• PhyzzEzee blog
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 02:03:32 AM »
I just found this pic from 1964, me and my friend with other fans waiting for the Stones to show.

( I was actually investigating what I had on photobucket as I haven't used it for ages and it seems to be the only/easiest way for me to process/resize any pics I want to use in this forum.  Sadly the garden pics there already are all a few years old but I've enjoyed seeing them all as I'd forgotten many of them.)

Before I post anything else I really must do a proper introduction post, sorry!  As soon as time permits!

NightHawk

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 08:24:04 AM »
Some good photos to treasure there Trish  8)

We look forward to hearing your bio (in due course  :D )

Don't be afraid to ask more questions here Trish.  If you don't have your own graphics software program, such as Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop for example, then the photo resizing can be done through Flower Genie or Ideas Genie Pro (I don't know which one you have).

George will be more than happy to walk you through any of the steps involved, if you get really stuck.  The software is his little baby after all, and no-one knows them better than he does  :D

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 11:44:28 AM »
Great photos Trish! Lucky you to have been to a Stones concert AND AND to have met with my idols.
You look great in that photo with Bill Wyman!
I'm delighted to hear Keith Richards survived (yip, a hardy perennial!).

In the "fans" photo, where are you?
I remember my first duffle coat!! (I can see one in the photo).
Pull that hood up and you are equipped for any weather!

Ideas Genie (which you have) doesn't have the resizing program but don't worry, there are other easy methods.
Use Start>Computer and find and edit a photo.
Look through the menu options.
If you can find one to Send or Email, click to use that.
You should find options to select a photo size to use in the email as an attachment.
Select something like 640x480.
Send the email to your own email address.
Open the email, save the attachment.
If the file size of the attached file is less that 125KB, then it is fine for use on the forum.
Fingers crossed :D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:47:51 AM by ideasguy »

Offline trishs

• PhyzzEzee blog
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 06:20:53 PM »
Yep, I'm the one in the duffle coat, and my friend is to my right in the picture.  The girl with her hand in the air I think ended up marrying one of the Kinks, but I doubt it lasted very long.

I'll try that method for resizing when time permits.  I OUGHT to be able to do it on Photoshop 9 but so far trial and error has not produced the desired result  :(

NightHawk

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 09:40:35 AM »
I OUGHT to be able to do it on Photoshop 9 but so far trial and error has not produced the desired result  :(
Trish - if you already have Photoshop you can do your resizing quite easily.

Do you have Photoshop Elements 9 or Photoshop 9?

Either way, I think the menu options are similar.

Firstly, you need to resize the actual dimensions of your photo.  The ideal WIDTH should be no bigger than 650 pixels - the height is not critical.  Wider than this and you could get horizontal scrollbars, especially for people who don't have widescreen monitors, which doesn't look pretty.

1)  From your Photoshop menu select Image / Image size.  The dialog box that appears will show the current size of your photo.
Make sure 'Constrain Proportions' is checked and change the Width to 650 pixels.
As photo size is the main object of this exercise you don't really need to worry about the other settings for now, so just click OK.

2)  You now need to save your photo for web use, but you can't just select the "Save" option, as the photo will still be too large in megabyte size.
Instead, select "Save for Web & Devices."  The dialog box that appears allows you to select the quality of the photo and the actual file size is shown below the photo as you reduce the quality.  You need to be looking at a size up to about 128kb.  Less than this you can still get good quality results for purposes of showing on the Forum.

This is a fairly simplified set of instructions.  If you want something a bit more detailed you could look at the following link -
http://photographylife.com/how-to-properly-resize-images-in-photoshop which also shows screenshots of the steps involved.

I could have done this myself, being involved with computers and graphics work for a LOT of years and is easier for me, but to save time it was quicker to give you the link where the tutorial work has already been done  ;)