Author Topic: New Project On the Go  (Read 1985 times)

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
New Project On the Go
« on: March 27, 2010, 04:58:04 PM »
This year we are starting a xmas tree farm in the field next door the plan is to buy in transplants to start with and sow seed aswell at the moment i have 250 noble fir seed sown in plug trays and a further  300 odd in the fridge, we have also been getting the field ready for the first lot of transplants to go in this autumn
first 4 pics are what the field looked like before we we got the tractor in, bear in mind it has only been used for grazing for the past 20 years

and after the tractor new gate up old machinery collected up rushes and bramble cut down, at the moment i am going round with the chainsaw cutting trees down that are too far out into the field

the old stone building in this pic is the actual old farm house which is falling down

we should get about 4500 trees in this field planting several hundread each year then sell them when they are tall enough

NightHawk

Re: New Project On the Go
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 05:58:13 PM »
My my Phil, you are a busy little beaver are you not?

You've taken on another brilliant challenge, and one which has the potential for being a very successful sales endeavour.  We all need Christmas trees, so it sounds like a great idea.

I hope this turns out well for you Phil, and please keep us all updated with this project (accompanied by photos of course  ;) ) and we'll enjoy the experience with you.

Excellent work Phil.

Laurie.

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 07:03:24 PM »
all i need is few more hours each day and and an extra day in the week  ::) hopefully all will go according to plan and in approx 7 years time will have first lot of trees for sale  ;)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 09:46:34 PM »
Good luck Phil. That is a great idea. I hope it proves to be a success for you.
Full credit to you for your endeavour :)