Author Topic: Welcoming Monica - our new member from Texas  (Read 2940 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Welcoming Monica - our new member from Texas
« on: March 19, 2010, 09:50:09 PM »
Its not at all unusual to exchange quite a number of emails with people who enquire about Ideas Genie Pro.
The good thing about answering their questions is that I get to know the application the person has in mind, and can advise which item of software is best for their needs.

After a few email exchanges, I'm very excited to welcome Monica, our new member and IG Pro user from Texas to the forum.
Monica is News Letter editor for the Brazoria County (TX) Master Gardener Association.

We got on really well!

I pointed Monica to our WPG website and soon she was answering MY questions - identifying a number of the "Unknown Plants" in my:
A walk through Belfast Botanic Gardens WPG website.
She also had an interesting suggestion to make about our home pages on our WPG sites.

I asked Monica to post those suggestions and answers on the forum, for general discussion.

Toby and Isabell will be pleased to read this extract from one of her emails:
I didn't make clear that we actually do veggie and ornamental annuals trials (some of which should extend over a multi-year period), and many of us also are veggie gardeners (there are several veggie sections in the display gardens), and many of us use the same ornamental annuals year after year (I wouldn't be without Gomphrena globosa ?Buddy Purple? in my personal warm season garden for instance), so Isabell?s comments about data re-entry are pertinent to us as well

Monica was very interested in Labels, so again Toby's good work in sourcing US label suppliers and durable ink for ink-jet printers for use with our Labels program has proved invaluable.

Welcome to the forum Monica!
You've already made a significant contribution, and I'm very much looking forward to communicating with you here.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 09:55:20 PM by ideasguy »

NightHawk

Re: Welcoming Monica - our new member from Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 10:47:57 PM »
Welcome Monica.

Your expertise will be invaluable here and very much appreciated.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Laurie.