Author Topic: Help please  (Read 6966 times)

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
Help please
« on: February 02, 2010, 10:36:57 PM »

Planning ahead for the new season, I need some more of the plant labels for our sale plants this year.

Went into GA048S01  ver 29 but can't find the Portrait 2x2 in the drop down box, Am I losing the plot,sure we used them last year with the rich text.

Malcolm

Offline bossgard

Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 11:23:32 PM »
Version 29 is what I'm running, too.
I see A4- Landscape 2x2, but not Portrait 2x2.

- Toby

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 11:55:33 PM »

Thanks Toby, I have just looked back on previous postings on this topic, and see that the portrait template may be in the pipeline.
I had fogotten that the landscape template will take vertical pictures,so that is how I must have done it before.

Next problem  :'(  The pictures don't appear on the template, something to do with Picheads ?

The pictures do appear in the main database on double click of a plant name. ::)

Malcolm

Offline bossgard

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 12:37:33 AM »
Malcom:

I'm trying to remember back when we were working with RichText, and nothing was finalized as far as US was concerned.
I remember that I was having trouble with it, and couldn't make it work as we wanted it to. I think I was testing both A4 and US at that time.

I know US was on the 'to do' list with George, when he has time. Maybe the RichText were just downloads to try, and George hadn't put them officially on to GA048 LABELS for everybody to use.

I had good luck working with US Orion #311-54LC for photos and text for retail sales signage, but its landscape, too. It's not RichText but the samples came out pretty good, I was very pleased with it. Did you test it at that time?

- Toby

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 12:57:43 AM »
I think you used the Print Photos program last year Malcolm
Reports--> Print Photos GA049

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 06:24:48 PM »

Toby and George

I really cant remember what I tried last year, so much going on at the time.

Anyway I have solved the problem with some of the pictures not showing in GA048 and GA049
Some of the paths to photos  needed tweaking in GA196

Malcolm  ;D

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »
Perhaps someone moved them  ;) ;D

I'm pretty certain you used GA049 Malcolm.
If you need other formats let me know.

Offline bossgard

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 07:03:55 PM »
I have to side with George on this one, Malcolm. GA049, it was just after we tested it!

Did you try the US Orion #311-54LC?
You can manipulate the copy in it, and even color and choose the size and font of the text.
Try it, just for kicks and let us know what you think of it?
Has photos, too.
- Toby

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 10:29:41 PM »

George

Perhaps someone moved them   

I'm pretty certain you used GA049 Malcolm.
If you need other formats let me know.

Unable to prove any other way with the paths to the photos, I will have to accept responsibility  :-[

Lots of requests for extras to IGpro at the moment, but as you asked.

A template for GA048  A4 Portrait 2x2 vertical photos, with just 2 lines at the bottom of the photo for text, rich text or not, don't mind.

If you go down that route. In GA048S02 "Plants in this area", to be able to choose "All Plants in database" as in GA034S01.

If the above is a problem, then the same template as above but in GA049 would do the trick. It already has the option for pulling pictures from the whole database through the Photos with links button. ;)

Malcolm

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 10:35:19 PM »
Toby thanks for your input re the labels

I have tried the US Orion #311-54LC, the problem is I cant get the photos large enough, really looking for 4 vertical photos on a page (see above)
I do like the extra of the Rich Text though.

Our Sales bench in May last year when we attended another NGS garden, showing our sales labels

Malcolm
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:52:21 PM by Lyn and Malcolm »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 11:50:50 PM »
I'll have to get my head around that rich text stuff, and the workings of the labels program, Malcolm, but it will be worthwhile to have another photo like that one. Magnificent!
I know its fairly urgent for you so I'll try to get something for you over the next week.
First, I need to finish off a part of another job I'm on at present.

Offline bossgard

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 03:34:32 AM »

Malcolm:
The reproductions of the flower photos are beautiful! You took the pictures?
The price tags attached to the top, you printed those out using a word processing program?
And are those pot-stics in the pots? You generated those through the GA048 Label Program?
Wonderful!Thanks for showing them! When do you have your next sale?
See George, all your work has not been done in vain. There's proof!
- Toby

Offline Trevor Ellis

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 09:21:05 AM »
Hi both,

just looking at the photograph. The labels are impressive, and looking at the plants and prices, excellent value for your customers. I think that it's important to give information by whatever means to buyers. Many years ago I used to have a stall on a market (just one day a week on days that I wasn't lecturing) selling herb plants and honey from my bees. The idea being to generate/expand interest in herbs, their visual appeal and their uses. All the plants on the stall had information about them i.e. how to grow them, any interesting information about their history, uses etc. and it was surprising how interested people were and how eager many were to tell their own stories especially about medicinal uses of herbs from their own experiences. The market manager (who used to refer to my 'exhibitions') tried to persuade me to set up stall on the bigger of the two market areas in town since he said that I'd make more money there but I prefered where I was because there was more space for people to stand and chat - which was of course the whole point of my being there. So power to your elbows - restores faith that some people are as interested in giving good value to customers as the profit they make.

Good luck for your forthcoming season,

Trevor

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 11:29:09 AM »

George

Thank you. If it is any easier for you, a template in GA049 without the Rich text would be fine.

Malcolm

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 11:44:21 AM »
Toby

In answer to your questions

Yes All the pictures are mine.
The price tags are produced in Word, the pictures and price tags are seperate, and laminated.
The pot sticks are in the pot, the labels are attached to the sticks with Duct tape on the back of the label.
The labels were from GA049 using the template 2 max width, I cant add the text for the label at the bottom of the photo as it isn't placed in the right place for me. A4 paper cut in half lengthways and fed into the printer works ok, so I get 4 labels per sheet.
We normally only sell plants on our garden open days, but early in the season we go to a couple of plant sales to get rid of some of the early plants.

You have seen our Plant Guide to all the pictures of the plants we have in our garden, haven't you? Made with IGpro of course

http://www.plantguide.lynandmalc.co.uk/

Malcolm
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:56:34 AM by Lyn and Malcolm »

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 11:55:15 AM »
Trevor

Thank you for your comments and story.
Unfortunatley we don't get much time on the plant stall to talk to customers. On our open days, with two people serving, it is still a bit of a bun fight, with everyone wanting to buy.
On our first opening of the year in July last year, in the six hours we were open, 250+ plants were sold. ::)
We don't have a lot of room round the stall, I keep the info on the labels quite short for that reason. A picture will normally sell the plant, and customers can always ask for advice from us.
If only we had more room in the garden and more time  8)

Note the plant stall behind the Birch tree trunk  ;D You can walk right round the stall.

Malcolm
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:00:31 PM by Lyn and Malcolm »

Offline Trevor Ellis

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 04:00:10 PM »
Hi Malcolm,

quite some sales there. Your garden looks impeccable -  quite some cash you've raised for charity too. Hope things go at least as well for you both this year too.

Cheers,

Trevor

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 05:45:26 PM »

There are a lot more sale plants stored at other sites, where Lyn does gardening for other people.

We may not raise so much for the charities this year, being on the telly and mentioned in the Daily Telegraph, brought a lot of new visitors.

Mind you if they come back with their friends.......... :o

Malcolm