Author Topic: Story writing  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Palustris

Story writing
« on: January 21, 2010, 05:40:42 PM »
One good thing has come out of my enforced idelness, I actually managed to write a story the other day. It is only about 6,000 words, but I enjoyed doing it. Was a challenge issued by someone. They said I could not write a story about Nothing, so I did.
Even better though, I had a bad night last night, stomach was bad and so was my sciatica, foot was ok. So, whilst I was trying to sleep I came up with another story. Once upon a time I would have got up and written the idea down, but these daysI am too old to be going down stairs at 3 am. Fortunately this monring I remembered it all and have since written a summary of it so I  can write it out at my leisure. Hopefully I will not have a bad night and think of another tale.

NightHawk

Re: Story writing
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 06:02:33 PM »
Good on you Eric.  :)

The best thing to do then is to have a notepad and pen by your bedside.  Then when you wake up with a brilliant idea, you don't have far to go to jot it down.  :D

I've been going on at Kathy for years now to write a romance novel.  She is such an avid reader, that there's no end of plots running through her head.

She did actually start writing a romance book many years ago, but other events transpired in our lives and it just got overlooked.

I know you're not looking to do one of those, but good luck anyway on your venture.

After we get our move to our new house in Norfolk some time this year, who knows what inspiration Kathy may get.  She could end up being a best-selling novelist.  Anything is possible.  :-X

Anyway, look after yourself Eric and I hope your 'repaired' computer is still going well for you.  :)

Laurie.

Offline Palustris

Re: Story writing
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 08:05:06 PM »
Hope she does.
Funnily enough I don't really write them for anyone to read as such. I write them so that they are out of my head and stop bothering me.
Tried the pad thing, by the time I have found my glasses I have woken my wife and forgotten  what I was going to do. When I did manage to write something, next morning I could not read it anyway. Not a problem to be honest, if the story is any good then I remember it, if not then it is best forgotten.