Author Topic: webcam purchase  (Read 2310 times)

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
webcam purchase
« on: December 30, 2009, 02:16:53 PM »
Have treated myself to this, purchased from uk seller on ebay and saved 10 euros compared to price for the same here, wont get it till next year mind  ::)  hopefully its a good one

Key features
MSN chatpack including webcam and headset with microphone for chatting and video conferencing
Also suitable to make free phone calls via internet with a ?Voice-over-IP' application such as Skype
Complete, easy to install package to see and hear each other online
Stereo headset with 'behind-the-head' headband and single sided cable
USB webcam with snapshot button and 352 x 288 resolution (100k)
The camera stand can also be used as a clamp to attach the webcam to an LCD screen
Compatible with MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and other messenger services like skype.

Technical Specifications
MSN chatpack including webcam and headset with microphone for chatting and video conferencing
Complete, easy to install package to see and hear each other online
Compatible with MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and other messenger services WEBCAM:
USB webcam with 352 x 288 (100k) resolution, 640 x 480 interpolated
Snapshot button for taking still images
Maximum 30 frames per second, 24-bit colour
Manually adjustable focus for best image quality
Automatic white balance and gain control
Focus range: 3 cm to infinity
Software included: Video Impression
200 cm cable length; powered by USB
Product size (HxWxD in mm): 82 x 64 x 84 mm (incl. stand)
HEADSET:
Headphone frequency range: 20 - 20.000 Hz
Cable length: 180 cm
Product size (HxWxD in mm): 144 x 102 x 62

Package contents
Headset with microphone and cables attached
Webcam with clamp and USB cable attached
Multi language user's manual
CD-ROM with drivers and software

Minimum System Requirements
One free USB port
3.5 mm stereo output connection
3.5 mm microphone input connection
100 MB free hard disk space
CD-ROM drive
Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 or XP [Suitable for Vista]
For full functionality: Internet connection

The new Trust chat-pack includes a webcam and a headset to add video and sound to chat-sessions, using for example the popular MSN Messenger.
Why just use text messages when it?s so easy to make a chat session come alive? With the Trust Chat Pack CP-2100 (www.trust.com/14667), friends and family from all over the world feel like being closer than ever before thanks to the addition of live video and sound to MSN Messenger. The chat pack is a complete, easy to install solution for optimal use of MSN, Yahoo Messenger and other messenger services. The supplied USB webcam with  a 352 x 288 resolution (640 x 480 interpolated), is equipped with a clamp to attach it to a LCD-screen. With 30 frames per second and a manually adjustable focus, this webcam literally keeps a sharp eye on its user! The included headset with single-sided cable is both trendy and comfortable, thanks to its ?behind-the-head?- headband. The microphone is flexible for optimal positioning and the sound level can be adjusted with the integrated volume control.

The chat pack offers more exciting features; the webcam has automatic white balance and gain control and is equipped with a snapshot button for taking still pictures. The included Video Impression software enables the user to edit and add effects to recorded video clips. The webcam is powered by the USB cable with a length of 2 meters. The chat pack comes with a CD-ROM with drivers and a multi-language user?s manual.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: webcam purchase
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 06:04:36 PM »
It will be nice to see you Phil! If you want to test, let me know when you are installed.

Note: from your specs:
100 MB free hard disk space
Thats a LOT!

Offline roiphil

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 07:15:22 PM »
will pm you when installed  ;)

NightHawk

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 09:17:17 AM »
You're a braver man than me Phil.  I don't even like talking on the phone, let alone plastering my face all over the Internet on Web Cams.  ::)

Good luck with that anyway.  :D

Laurie.

Offline roiphil

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 10:29:59 AM »
You're a braver man than me Phil.  I don't even like talking on the phone, let alone plastering my face all over the Internet on Web Cams.  ::)

Good luck with that anyway.  :D

Laurie.

gotta go for it one day  :D