Author Topic: André - our Garden writer  (Read 2253 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
André - our Garden writer
« on: February 28, 2006, 08:01:09 PM »
Our good friend André (alias greenfinger on this forum) is promoting our Ideas Genie and Flower Genie software in the Netherlands. You may remember I told you about the web site we jointy developed, in Dutch. That was fun!

The man is a genius!

He is currently writing articles for publishing on this site:
http://www.tuinkrant.com/tkarchief/tk/redactiekoppen/index.html

Now, Tuinkrant.com dont just allow any old 92 year old Adreedick and AndreHarry write for them.
Our young whippersnapper was set exams by them. All went quiet for a couple of weeks!
He's obviously qualified, as they have now published his photo on the above page. (Hey, he doesnt look bad for a 92 year old!)

If you click on the links with the Magazine and André's glasses, you'll see the articles written by the respective authors.
At the end of each authors profile, theres a link to their web site. You'll see our good work in Dutch if you click that link.

Watch this space for the first publication by our wizard (sorry, make that Frodo ) This forums not big enough for 2x wizes

Now then Mr Degeest. Please tell us more.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: André - our Garden writer
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 06:39:49 PM »
Thank you, thank you, look I try to make a bow without crashing in the public.
Sorry it took such a long time to answer your eulogy, but I'm just recovering from a serious bout of birdflu (or how do you call it on your island?). Yes, I'm better now, thank you, but from time to time still feeling like an ill-sitting hen.
When I read  this text from our reverend Forumleader I thought he exaggerated me back in feverish delirium: I was nearly nominated for the Nobleprize Gardeningliterature!
Writing is for me: reading a lot, remembering the interesting bits, writing an idea down, digesting  and testing it out in practise with a pragmatic attitude, changing things, talking them over, reading again, searching for your boots, making pictures, and then trying to bring this stuff together in a readable article. That's all. Good night.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 12:39:20 AM »
You answered with my login,but never mind  ::)

How did the writing go this week?
I was beginning to think you had joined the fellowship of the broken keyboards, but perhaps youve just been real busy??.

Offline greenfinger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 03:39:58 PM »
Hallo fellow. Yes, I probably forgot to change the logins after checking out the messages 'General Discussion'  a week or two ago, remember? About my keyboard, it's not exactly broken but I use it mostly for other purposes at the moment. I told you I was going to learn Dreamweaver, didn't I? Oh dear, oh dear, the first chapter went rather fluently, but then!!! It seems I have a good (English) handbook, but most of the time I have the impression of being somewhere in the desert. I don't see a survey yet. So perhaps in the near future my keyboard will be broken!
I passed my exam at De Tuinkrant cum laude 8) 8). The content was good but the photo's weren't. The head editor thought it could be the minimizing of their seize that provoked the lesser quality. I'm a novice photographer, so that also may have something to do with it, but what I learned by trial and error is that the high sun can take a lot of colour away out of the images. A lot of the photos were taken in the course of the day. The advice they gave for taking good shots is to spring early out of bed and take them between 6 and 8 in the morning.
I still have done NOTHING in my gardens. It's daily raining or snowing here for more than a month already.
The soil is wet through and through. So this means if this deluge ever ends and the soil has dried a bit I'll have to make up.

Read you,

Frodo

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 07:55:19 PM »
Congratulations on passing the exam, Andre! Thats great news.

As for the photo... they're a bit choosy, arent they?
What a strange suggestion about the best time to take a photo.
I mean, well, have they ever actually SEEN you at 6 am?  ;D