Author Topic: A picture says a 1000 words  (Read 4656 times)

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
A picture says a 1000 words
« on: August 16, 2009, 04:58:58 PM »
In my case it certaintly does  ;D the labels arefrom the brother pt2100 2 stick on labels 44mm long each per white bed label, the focus is not that brill on some but its a start

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: A picture says a 1000 words
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 10:25:45 PM »
Its been a while since this posting, and Toby has referred to it in another topic.
How well did the labels endure the great outdoors Phil?

Offline roiphil

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 11:18:32 PM »
hi George the labels are still readable today the brother label sysyem is the way to go for stick on labels, i am even using them for my xmas trees hoping it will last 6 years plus variety of tree and when planted on one label 18mm by 45mm
phil

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 11:32:34 PM »
That's reassuring Phil, thanks for your reply.
On those labels you showed in your examples - did you print two labels/strips per label holder, then stick them on to make that height of label?

You mentioned in your posting that the labels you have printed are 44/45 mm.
In the specifications for the PT2100, I read:
Label length setting - No
Does that mean the PT2100 prints all labels to a set length?

Does your PT2100 kick out a piece of leading (blank) tape each time you start to print a label (or labels if chained)?

Offline roiphil

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 11:41:20 PM »
yes 2 labels to get all info 4 lines
you can set the length of label to what ever you want in the control panel where you print the label from
it will kick out 25mm blank piece when you put a new cartridge in to stop this inbetween printing i think you select chained then i select 2 labels to print out first one for use 2nd one will stay half in machine until you print out next label doing this does save a lot of tape, i have sent you email for now will expand further tomorrow, do you want a skype session, email me what time is suitable for you if you do, for me late afternoon evening is good
phil

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 12:03:16 AM »
Thanks for the info Phil. Its good that you can control the label length.

Does it only kick out that one inch blank piece when you put in a new tape?
As far as I know (so far) my PT2730 throws that one inch blank every time I start a print session. By chaining the labels, I can keep adding more items and print, but as you say, the last label is trapped inside, needing another blank to kick it out.
That's disappointing in that my requirements are a printer for printing single labels on demand.
It does that of course, but the tapes are much too expensive to waste. For one plant label, the leading and trailing blank pieces would be as long as the printed portion of the label >:(

Offline roiphil

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 09:49:33 AM »
hi george
yes it only kicks out the blank bit when you put in a new tape, chaining the labels is the best way to go, i find, you can cut off the last label, it tells you how in your book, but when you go to print again it will chuck out a blank bit, not sure if you can alter the blank bit length but on mine they are about 25mm
phil

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 10:11:39 AM »
Thanks Phil. The manual says its 23mm on my PT2730 and it looks like that is a fixed dimension.
Chain is good, but it feeds and cust a leading 23mm on PT2730.
I see a No cut option and it doesn't feed and cut the 23mm.
Have you that option?

Offline roiphil

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 11:48:18 AM »
tape width you can buy all different widths its just that i use 18mm because that size fits my arrow stick in labels, i think you should be able to use a narrower tape, in your book at the back under F have you a bit that says feed and cut option

to feed and cut the last label on my machine i press down the upward pointing arrow (bottom row) you will see in the lcd dispaly feed and cut select this by pressing big squarish button to the right, when selected press the blue button to the left with the magnifying glass on this should feed and cut your last label

my book is hard to follow as bits of it seem to be all over the place for instructions