Author Topic: Part of the Exotic back garden  (Read 3595 times)

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
Part of the Exotic back garden
« on: June 22, 2009, 12:10:12 PM »

In my epilogue of opening our garden, you may remember that I wrote that we had to make some alterations to the garden to enable easier access for the visitors.
One of the problems was the narrow path to the greenhouse, which was really only a one way path. So we had to cut through the raised bed to the left of the greenhouse to extend the path onto the lawn.

In the picture below, I am standing on the lawn, you can just see the edge of the greenhouse at the right of the picture (the greenhouse has a few embellishments to tone in with the garden).

Picture taken this morning

Malcolm

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Part of the Exotic back garden
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 12:20:36 PM »
Its looking - Exotic - Malcolm!
It must have been painful to have to give up part of your garden for a path  :'(
But, its looking real good.
What are those flowers centre of photo, foreground?

How did the visitation go at the weekend?

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 01:56:34 PM »
Very impressive, Macolm. It looks as though that is the way it has always been, it certainly doesn't look like an afterthought.

What sort of palm tree is that?

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 07:56:07 PM »
George wrote
What are those flowers centre of photo, foreground

Gazania Tiger stripe

Eric wrote
What sort of palm tree is that

Trachycarpus fortunei not strictly a Palm, but it is very hardy, and is one of the few permanent plants in that bed.

The visitation was fine, ended up with 27 people, and they were very nice too, and very impressed with the garden, they couldn't believe it.

One small thing that makes it easier for us, is that the organiser arrived at the gate and handed over the total money for entrance and tea/cake in a lump sum. So we didn't have to take from each individual, so no float needed either.

They were very good at the end of the visit buying plants as well. One dear lady on her own, had found some Rhodochiton plants we had grown from seed, they were in the greenhouse each in a pot with a loop of wire with the plant trained round the wire. We have no trouble selling these, as visitors see them crawling up the trunks of the Trachycarpus fortunei, they think they are Clematis.
This lady had not seen any for sale anywhere else for many years, so asked if any were for sale, as they didn't have any price on them, how could we refuse ;D so she had three, and just before she left she had another, as it would make a nice present for someone.

Malcolm

« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 08:13:40 PM by Lyn and Malcolm »

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 08:20:56 PM »
lovely picture their malcom, and george beat me to the question of those flowers in the center of the bed gazania (whisper did you get my last pm ok regarding the you know what and a sheet of paper)  ;)  ;D  :o