Gardening Software in General > General discussion

New feature for Gardening software

(1/3) > >>

ideasguy:
Ive developed a new feature this week, which can easily be built into each of my Gardening Software products.
Have you ever wished you could zoom in on a part of an image when linking photos to plants when using
Flower Genie or Ideas Genie?

Example: If you happen to capture the plant label in the photo, but its not quite legible without zooming.
This new feature obviates the need to have to open your Photo Editor to have a closert look.

Heres a screen shot of the new screen, where I'm focused on one of Erics photos:

ideasguy:
and of course, its great for family photos:

ideasguy:
or of course, to look closely at a flower

NightHawk:
What a great feature that is George.  8)

Excellent potential and so simple.  (Why didn't you think of that one before  :D )
Only joking.

Very innovative.

Laurie.

ideasguy:
Thanks Laurie
I picked up some code on the developers forum I use, for selecting a zone within an image.
http://www.foxite.com

Having got that code manipulated to work in a test environment, I then developed the bells and whistles (the slide bar etc) with a few extras (asthetics) as suggested by my IT colleagues.

Its fun to use.
Some more tweaks to do yet. e.g. I want to be able to roll the mouse wheel to enlarge/reduce the Zoom image.
Should be easy enough.

It will appear all over the Gardening Software programs
e.g. during a slide show, when you pause you can zoom in on zones in the image.

Having hundreds of photos from my RHS Gardens visits to link to plants in the Master Database, that tool will be priceless.
Its really clever.
Before, Ive had to use a Photo Editor to find the photo then zoom for a close inspection.
It will be nice to access the photo quicker within Ideas Genie Pro etc. The photo file details will already be located, so its a click of a button to analyse the zoom details.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version