Plants > Clematis

Clematis Tage Lundell

(1/1)

Lyn and Malcolm:

It looks like it will be a good year for Clematis this year.
Lots of buds on the early clematis group 1 and 2, and lots of new growth from the base of the group 2 and later group 3 plants, more than we have ever seen. Perhaps the cold winter, (down to minus 10.3c one night) has some benefits.

Here is a picture of Clematis Tage Lundell taken today. I have added this picture to our WPG to illustrate a bit more of the plant, we already have a close up shot of a single flower. I know George will be happy as he has always said to show the plant, as well as a close up of the flower.

We have had this plant about five years now, we reckon they need to be in the ground for at least 3 to 4 years before they really go beserk.  ;D

ideasguy:
Its a nice Clematis, and a very good photo Malcolm. Yes, thats the kind of photo I like to see. In this case it lets you see that the blooms aren't sparse!

Interesting that you say they need to be in the ground for 3 to 4 years before they go berserk.
Do you mean in general for all your varieties? You should know, you've got a fantastic collection there!

Eric Hardy:
That is lovely, Malcolm. We have one very similar which is just coming out. I had forgotten its name but I think this must be it. Of course I hadn't joined the Ideas Genie Community when I planted it and wasn't very good at making notes of what I had planted. It would have been different now  :)
It is starting it's third year and has not spread very far yet so I am encouraged by what you say about it taking about 5 years to get going. It was wet here yesterday and it looks pretty gloomy now so I haven't been able to take a picture to show you.

Eric H

Lyn and Malcolm:

George said

--- Quote ---Interesting that you say they need to be in the ground for 3 to 4 years before they go berserk.
Do you mean in general for all your varieties
--- End quote ---

Yes George.
But we hope some are not going to get twice as big again, in twice as many years.

Eric Hardy:

--- Quote from: Eric Hardy on April 12, 2009, 07:01:47 AM ---That is lovely, Malcolm. We have one very similar which is just coming out. I had forgotten its name but I think this must be it.
--- End quote ---
Finally the buds have opened up so I post a photo taken three days ago. Do you think ours is a C. Tage Lundell?

It is mingling with a climbing rose so don't let the leaves confuse you  :)

Eric H

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version