Author Topic: Birth Announcements  (Read 2721 times)

Offline bossgard

Birth Announcements
« on: March 26, 2009, 08:11:26 PM »
The Bossgard Household has genuine pleasure in announcing the arrival early this morning of the first of the Chiltern Babies. It bears the name ?Cosmos ?Bipinnatus, Dazzler 397h #380-09 Chiltern (crim red) [Peren]?.    The arrival of the second baby is expected within the next 24 hours with the name of ?Dianthus ?Carnation King of the Blks 451r #379-09 Chiltern (velvety purp) [Annual]?.

It has been requested by the Bossgard Household, that Mr. George Kelly of North Ireland supervise the Babie?s physical and spiritual growth, to make sure that they stand up straight, grow tall and produce abundantly.

It is expected that twelve Babies will arrive altogether, all snuggled tightly in their own peat pot. The Babies will join a large group of siblings that trace their heritage to the Pacific Northwest in the US.

For further information as to how you to can have your own Chiltern Babies, please go to your Catalog Program, GA040, open it up, and click on Chiltern Seeds like I did.   

- Toby

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Birth Announcements
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 08:13:39 PM »
Classic  ;)

Once again youve made my day! Congratulations Boss!
I'm going to send that message to Pat at Chiltern Seeds! She'll be just as excited as us!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:39:27 PM by ideasguy »

Offline bossgard

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 04:48:51 PM »
For those that are following this thread, you might like to know that the birthing center for the Chiltern Babies might be considered a little unusual.  It takes place on top of our household refrigerator that is housed in an alcove in a hallway adjoining the kitchen. There is a built in wall cabinet hanging above the refrigerator that leaves an open space about 6? high. Low dome propagator trays fit nicely into this area, and enjoy the heat and the humidity.  This location is quite popular with the Garden Experts here. Evidently the Chiltern Babies enjoy using the area. It?s been quite successful for me.

We are witnessing the beginnings of 5 new Chiltern Babies this morning, plus the fact that ?Dianthus? (DiDi for short), mentioned yesterday, did join us during the evening.

They are in alphabetical order:
Erysimum ?Linifolium, Ll Kiss Lilac 528m #381-09 Chiltern (lilac-mauve) [Annual]
Eschscholzia ?Californica 533 #382-09? Chiltern (yel/wht/org) [Annual]
Lathyrus ?Sweet Pea King Edward VII 764l #385-09 Chiltern (crim) [Vine]
Viola ?Arkwright Ruby 1277j #387-09 Chiltern (Green) [Annual]

(Shhhh! Don?t tell the Flowers, but we smuggled a Fruit into the bunch)
Tomato ?Gardener?s Delight 1371 #386-09 Chiltern [Annual]

Cosmo (Cos for short) is certain to be a basketball player, his head has already reached the dome top, so it has been removed. I hope he doesn?t turn out to be nothing but legs (leggy).

We will check in Monday and see how the rest of the Chiltern Babies are doing.

- Toby

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 01:13:47 PM »
A new announcement!
Those Chiltern babies in the US now have an Irish cousin!
I was very late sowing my seed (I had to replace all the staging in the greenhouse)
Anyway, I noticed that little baby yesterday evening! Only one so far in the tray marked Dahlia 'Bishops Children'
Appropriate, eh?

Hows the germination going in the US, Toby?